Friday, 31 January 2014

Take up the challenge!

This post will stay on top for the month of January - please scroll down for recent posts.

I am following Sue's lead in the QBSA swap group, and giving you all a challenge for 2014 to complete something with the blocks you have received as part of our Christmas swap group.

It doesn't have to be a huge quilt, it can be a table runner, or even just a cushion ;-)  The idea is to get something finished this year ............. and there will be a prize :)  not too sure just what exactly, but I will arrange something.

As with Sue's challenge on QBSA, you don't have to complete something immediately, just leave a comment here to confirm your intention to complete something THIS YEAR!

let's see if the finished Christmas items can out-number the QBSA items (nothing like a little bit of friendly rivalry to get those UFO's finished hey :) )

to give you an idea, here are some pics of things others have made

made by CathyT

made by Traci
made by SueB

6 comments:

Janet Harlick said...

I have enough blocks to make a Christmas quilt so I think that will be my goal for this year!

Pinnylea Creations said...

I'm in - was wondering what to do with them now I'll have to come up with a plan :)

Diane-crewe said...

mmm thinking cap on x

NANNASWORKROOM said...

Ok, Maybe this will get me moving to join some blocks together.I really have received some beautiful blocks so where to start.
Jean

Ulla's Quilt World said...

So lovely!
Greetings from Finland!
Hugs, Ulla

bellezza squillace said...

I was in from the first moment I found your swap. I plan to use all the blocks I get from the swaps here during the year to make a quilt for my younger Grandson Jake. Every block coming to me during this swap will be welcomed to that end.