Monday, 16 December 2013

December Swaps

For the last month of the year....(how can that be)
My swap partner was Dawnelle from the state of Washington.
She requested any 'Star block'................in traditional colors.
 So, I put the first block together and my son was looking at it as I took a picture
he said "Mom, I don't see the green points so well as they blend in the poinsettia's"?
"huh"? I asked.......sending to my panel of judges daughters for  some more opinions?
Um...these children all have likes and dislikes so it was not a total agreed vote! Ha!
So....off  Momma went to make one more.................this second one is with a new fabric
called "stained glass" I really liked the way it showed up.
Well, this one got rave reviews ...so with the vote still coming in at a un-even decision....
you guessed it- both blocks went to Dawnelle!
I included some Christmas goodies, and a fat quarter!
Dawnelle is a new quilter and nice to build up stash supply, yes?
 To let you know I got a email from Dawnelle that she got my package.
I have to laugh she added "my hubby and I really liked the green & red one"! Smile
I was happy to make them and hope she enjoys them along with her love of quilting!
I feel that I'd like to also add, while we were swap partners Dawnelle lost her sister to cancer.
Our family is remembering her & her family during this time. I know she would appreciate us thinking of them as well!
A blessed December to all~
Lori
USA

No comments: