I feel the need to remind EVERYONE that when you are a member of this swap group, you agree to abide by the Rules/Guidelines.
It has come to my attention that a swap member has failed to swap for August, September and October (and very possibly November, had I not stepped in L ). At this stage, there appears to be a definite lack of communication from this swap member - both with partners and the Swap Co-Ordinator. There has also been a lapse in communication by some of her swap partners with the Swap Co-Ordinator.
This terrible situation has been amplified, as this non-swapping partner is also a member of the QBSA - SueB has recently discovered that this non-swapper has failed to swap and/or communicate with her September and October partners. This makes a total of FIVE (5) partners (possibly more that we don't know about) that have been let down. Had the August swap partner given me a heads up earlier, then possibly this chain reaction would not have occurred and we would not be in this mess right now. L
To say I am NOT HAPPY JAN! is an understatement!
I understand some of you may feel it is OK not to receive a block, and that is entirely your choice, however ……. YOU DO NEED TO LET ME KNOW ABOUT IT! (and yes, I am shouting!!!)
keep calm, deep, breath!!!
I don't want to micro-manage this group and insist on proof of swaps before a new partner is given - occasionally, things do go haywire - we have a great group here and I would like it to stay that way J
We only have two rules:
1. Communicate with your partner – no communication …. No block!
2. Have lots of fun ;-)
Our Swap Guidelines are:
- You have 1 month to complete your swap.
- Each month we will
swap 1 Christmas themed block.
Size: 12" finished (12.5" raw edge).
- Please use good quality fabric and only send what you yourself would be pleased to receive.
- This swap is open to everyone – you must be willing to post internationally.
- It is preferred that you have some form of OnLine presence – either a Blog, online photo account e.g. Flickr/Photobucket or Facebook - in order to post photos of your blocks. If this is not possible, then photos of your blocks can be emailed to the Swap Co-Ordinator.
- Swap partners will be allocated via email by the 1st of each month. Please contact your partner as soon as possible to say hello and to confirm preferences.
- Communication is a vital part of our swap – please let your partner know when you have mailed your package and when you have received theirs.
- If you are delayed in your swap please communicate this with your partner, most people don’t mind waiting as long as they know.
- We understand that life can get in the way sometimes - please let the Swap Co-Ordinator know if it does.
- Make sure that your package is sent with sufficient postage.
- All swappers agree to keep all information (mailing address, email addresses, etc) confidential.
- If you have any questions or concerns, please contact the Swap Co-Ordinator.
- Most importantly - HAVE FUN!!
This non-swapper has now been SUSPENDED from the group and will be permanently REMOVED if no contact is made and swaps are not brought up to date.
OK, rant over – back to normal transmission J