Sunday, 13 October 2013

It's our 3rd Birthday!

EDITED:   The winner has been drawn ........... stay tuned.

The Christmas Block Swap Group will celebrate its 3rd Birthday during the month of October and one lucky swapper is going to get a wonderful present!

Our 3rd Birthday celebrations will be sponsored by The Christmas Beetle  http://thechristmasbeetle.com.au/.

“May the joy, love and eternal spirit
of every Christmas Season
both past, present and future
be in your heart every day of the year.”

The Christmas Beetle originally opened its doors on 17th August 2011 after years of dreaming and planning. The business went through a few changes and is currently trading as an online store bringing the essence and spirit of Christmas to everyone.  

The prize will be 5 fat quarters of French general Esprit De Noel and a pattern from Lisa Cantlay with a Christmas theme for the lucky winner.

don’t you just luuuuv that French General Esprit De Noel!

Entry is open to ALL Christmas Block Swap Members – past and present.  However, entry is not open to past members who have been Removed or Suspended for failure to swap and/or communicate.

What do you have to do to win this gorgeous prize? 
Well, fairly simple really – leave a comment on this post and let me know what your favourite thing about being part of the Christmas Block Swap is.  In order to be in the running, you must leave a comment on THIS post, and you MUST be contactable via email – if you are a current member, I will have your details, but if you are a past member I may not have your contact details any more, so send me a quick email after you leave a comment.  Please check if you are a NO REPLY blogger L 

EDITED:  Please let me know via email if you are having difficulties leaving a comment.

There will also be a prize for one lucky follower who follows with Google Friend Connect (let me know you follow in a comment).  

How to follow on Google friend connect: simply click on the Blue 'join this site' box. You can sign in with your Google log in. Now, the Christmas Block Swap Blog, and any other blogs you follow this way are shown in your ‘Reading List’ on your Blogger Dashboard and I get to see how many wonderful followers the Christmas Swap Blog has.
Ofcourse, you are free to follow this blog any way you wish ;-) with the recent changes to various blog readers, I was hoping to find out just how people are keeping up with Christmas Block Swap news.

The winners will be chosen by Random Org on Sunday morning, 13th October 2013 (Aussie time) and will be notified via e-mail.  If no reply is received to the notification email within 48 hours, the winner will be redrawn and a new e-mail sent.

So that’s it for me for now – It’s our birthday and you get the pressies ;-)

Cathy



39 comments:

Michell said...

I love get all different types of blocks and that with every block you sew you learn something new.

I follow with GFC

Janet Harlick said...

I love being a member of this group - receiving different blocks every month and getting to know all the lovely ladies involved. Nearly enough now to make a Christmas quilt :)

NANNASWORKROOM said...

hello, Its a very interesting group to be involved with, I've received some beautiful blocks and extras from here and overseas so I'm enjoying it immensely. Hope to start making something from blocks received soon. Take care everybody,
Jean QLD

Melanie K said...

Connecting with people all over the world; making new friends with people who share the same interests and seeing the amazing creations posted online.

Melanie K said...

I follow with Google Friends Connect :)

The cats mother said...

I love getting to know all the swappers from various parts of the globe and also the excitement and surprise of opening the envelope to see each block.

Deborah Russell said...

I have enjoyed the blocks, the emails and the mail, some think that I am crazy but I am keeping the notes and envelopes and putting them on my printer and printing them on muslin and using them for my quilt back, the envelope showing postage from what ever country will be on the back of the block sent by that person, then I will always know who each block came from and my grandkids will see how much it cost to communicate through the mail all over the world, I think it's leaving a legacy for them about quilting and friends.

Deborah Russell said...

I am not sure how to follow on Google friend connect ?

Cathy (aka CrafteeCC) said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Traci Hoglen said...

I have loved the Christmas Block group because for each block I make to send to my partner I say a blessing before mailing. In return I am blessed with the beautiful blocks from my partners. The joy of seeing all the wonderful colors and creations pushes me to try new blocks each month for those that do not choose a pattern. I am also a Google Friend Connect follower.

Cathy (aka CrafteeCC) said...

Hi Cathy
I loved the group for the short time I was involved - I follow all entries on the net and facebook - I have not been able to set up a blog.
I would love to be involved in the birthday gift draw.
I am still having surgeries - and hope 2014 will be a better year for me.
Cheers Carolyn

Tammy said...

I hope all is well Carolyn and that our monthly blocks bring you needed cheer!
Tammy xxx

Tammy said...

Great idea Deborah, may I copy you???
Tammy xxx

Tammy said...

This swap group is so great for combining my two passions Quilting and Christmas! My other passion is family history and so I have been embroidering the names of each of my partners onto their blocks so that these wonderful ladies can be remember forever! Hope to be celebrating our Christmas Quilting Block Swap Australia's 30th birthday in the years to come!

Tammy said...

Oh and I follow on GFC and FB :)

Sue B said...

Hi Cathy, being the creator of QBSA, and this group which is now being so beautifully cared for my you my dear friend, I follow it and play along because I just love it. It is a fabulous way to meet ladies from not just all over Australia but from all over the world and it really does make the world a smaller place. I love receiving squishy envelopes in the mail and the anticipation of opening them to see what gorgeous creations are inside.

Sue B said...

Oops, typo in the first comment. I follow by blogger ( google) and also keep an eye on FB.

Raelene said...

Hi all, I'm a past member, hoping to rejoin for November. I love receiving the same block interpreted in each persons own way. Hugs and Happy Birthday xxx
I follow the blog in the following ways;
Subscribe via email, Facebook (I Liked the page),Google Friend Connect (Blogger Reader)

The Mayo Family said...


I am blessed each month by the block (s) that I receive however...
I really enjoy getting to know different ladies from all over!
The fabrics are beautiful! What a great gift!
Blessings~
Lori
U.S.A

I am a follower of the blog and here is my e-mail...just in case ;-)

mayo4him@yahoo.com

Julianne said...

I enjoyed the swap because I got so many different Christmas blocks in so many different fabrics, its so fun to see how differently everyone puts a block together. Thanks for the chance to win.

Cathy (aka CrafteeCC) said...

lovely to hear from you. I hope that life has settled down for you somewhat ;-)
You are most welcome to rejoin the swap whenever you wish - please visit the Swap Guidelines page to see our updated guidelines, then forward your information via email ;-)

NANNASWORKROOM said...

forgot to say I follow with Google friend connect

Ann said...

Love this group. It has made me jump out of my comfort zone, I have learned so much and met loads of wonderful ladies. Please keep up with the wonderful job \that you do , we would be lost without you.

Cheers Ann

kelsabel said...

The best part of this group is that I get the receive and send blocks to quilters in other parts of the World! It's so exciting.

Cathy (aka CrafteeCC) said...

thanks for your comment Michell, good luck in the draw!

Cathy (aka CrafteeCC) said...

thanks for your comment Janet, good luck in the draw!

Cathy (aka CrafteeCC) said...

thanks for your comment Jean, good luck in the draw!

Cathy (aka CrafteeCC) said...

thanks for your comment Melanie, good luck in the draw!

Cathy (aka CrafteeCC) said...

thanks for your comment Rosemary, good luck in the draw!

Cathy (aka CrafteeCC) said...

thanks for your comment Deborah, good luck in the draw!

Cathy (aka CrafteeCC) said...

thanks for your comment Traci, good luck in the draw!

Cathy (aka CrafteeCC) said...

thanks for your comment Carolyn, good luck in the draw!

Cathy (aka CrafteeCC) said...

thanks for your comment Tammy, good luck in the draw!

Cathy (aka CrafteeCC) said...

thank you so much for your lovely words, Sue, and thanks for your comment, good luck in the draw!

Cathy (aka CrafteeCC) said...

thanks for your comment Lori, good luck in the draw!

Cathy (aka CrafteeCC) said...

thanks for your comment Julianne, good luck in the draw!

Cathy (aka CrafteeCC) said...

thanks for your comment Ann - but which Ann are you? :-) we have had a few Ann's take part in our swaps :-)

Cathy (aka CrafteeCC) said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Brad maddox said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.